In May, 2020, AIRY re-opened by hybrid format – part studio, part telehealth via Zoom in smaller groups of three. Since then and with vaccines, AIRY has secured a larger space where groups can meet in person, up to six members, at socially distanced seating. Members are invited to participate in the studio or via Zoom from our flat screen television. All staff and most AIRY members have been fully vaccinated.
NEED FOR IN PERSON PROGRAMMING & ADDRESSING CONCERNS
AIRY is a youth suicide prevention program, and an essential service. Prolonged isolation is a risk factor for youth suicide, and we are taking steps to reduce it. By giving young people a chance to connect in person, we aim to restore feelings of connectedness, hope and resilience, and thereby reduce risk for suicide. At any time, all group members and parents may address any concerns with an AIRY Staff member.
BEST TRAUMA-INFORMED PRACTICES
The COVID-19 pandemic is a collective trauma that has impacted families’ physical, mental and emotional health. All AIRY Staff is trained in best trauma-informed practices. If you have any special needs, please bring them to our attention so we can accommodate.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICIES
In accordance with the Governor’s orders, and CDC guidelines, AIRY is taking every precaution possible to ensure your health and safety. We will update these policies as needed going forward.
- Any member must participate from home if they have had any symptoms within the last two weeks.
- Anyone in the studio must wear a face covering when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible, except where unsafe due to medical condition or disability.
- Social distancing of at least six feet, will be maintained at all times at the entrance, in the hallways and in the studio.
- Individual baskets of art supplies are provided for each teen and young adult. You may bring your own quality materials if you choose, and properly sanitize them at home before and after use. Supplies which have been home delivered during or picked up from the studio during quarantine, are yours to keep.
- The building that houses AIRY is NUarts Studios & Gallery, on the corner of North and Union in downtown Pittsfield. The building is not open to the public and is secured at all times. Please use the entrance at 21 Union St. Some transportation options are available.
- Prior to your arrival, all doorknobs and banisters will be sanitized, as well as the studio itself including tables and chairs, and our bathrooms.
- Upon entering the building, all members must wash their hands.
- The building is equipped with soap and water at three sinks (one inside the studio and two in the bathrooms at both ends of the hallway). The studio is equipped with hand sanitizer, Lysol wipes, multi-surface cleaner, and latex gloves, as well as other essential items such as a first aid kit, fan, air conditioner etc. Please bring your own mask.
We thank you for your cooperation and support of AIRY and we are looking forward to seeing you.